Skip to main content
A ministry of Christian History Institute and Vision Video
A History of Christian Worship - The Word
xplores how the written and spoken word consisting of scriptures, sermons and creeds have remembered and celebrated God’s story throughout centuries of Christianity, including:
• What early church documents reveal about ancient worship practices and why many churches are recovering and continuing these ancient faith practices today?
• How stained glass has been used to tell the stories of scripture, including a visit to the oldest continually operating stained glass studio in America?
• Why influences such as the printing press and the translation of the Bible into the language of the people dramatically changed how scripture is used in worship?
• How great preaching movements of the church have influenced the development of sermons and homilies?
• Why creeds such as the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds are an important tool for teaching the essentials of the Christian faith?