xplores how the written and spoken word consisting of scriptures, sermons and creeds have remembered and celebrated God’s story throughout centuries of Christianity, including:
• What early church documents reveal about ancient worship practices and why many churches are recovering and continuing these ancient faith practices today?
• How stained glass has been used to tell the stories of scripture, including a visit to the oldest continually operating stained glass studio in America?
• Why influences such as the printing press and the translation of the Bible into the language of the people dramatically changed how scripture is used in worship?
• How great preaching movements of the church have influenced the development of sermons and homilies?
• Why creeds such as the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds are an important tool for teaching the essentials of the Christian faith?
The Body explores how individuals are joined with the body of Christ through baptism and how the idea of community is essential to the worship experience, including:
• What early church documents and practices teach us about how baptism is celebrated today.
• What symbols are common to all Chris...
The Feast explores the significance of the Eucharist in worship and reveals how the observance of special days and seasons of remembrance and anticipation such as Advent and Lent is essential to the worship experience, including:
• What early church documents and practices teach us about how the ...
The Music explores how liturgy and music have enriched the celebration of God’s story throughout centuries of Christianity, including:
• Why time, place, structure and symbols are significant components of worship
• What elements of liturgy lead us to experience the glories of Heaven while on Ear...