Skip to main content
A ministry of Christian History Institute and Vision Video
A History of Christian Worship - The Feast
The Feast explores the significance of the Eucharist in worship and reveals how the observance of special days and seasons of remembrance and anticipation such as Advent and Lent is essential to the worship experience, including:
• What early church documents and practices teach us about how the Eucharist is celebrated today.
• Why the feast of the table is called by different names: Eucharist, Communion, the Lord's Supper.
• What the different methods of celebrating the Eucharist are among various Christian traditions.
• How Old Testament feast days and festivals have formed a pattern for the current Christian calendar of holy days and seasons.
• Why the liturgical year is still relevant for Christians today.