Journey Toward Forgiveness
Journey Toward Forgiveness • 57m
This hour-long documentary powerfully demonstrates that those who are able to embark on a process towards forgiveness -- though heartrending and difficult -- find it to be the path to inner healing.
• An Enemy Worse than Death — With the abduction and murder of their 13-year-old daughter, Wilma and Cliff Derksen begin the long path through grief toward forgiveness.
• Hospice Helps — Two families share how LifePath Hospice has helped them cope. Nathaniel, terminally ill, has to handle a deep family rift. The Ortiz family faces unresolved anger from their daughter’s death by a drunken driver.
• StoryKeepers -- A Way to Heal — Susie Risho helps people heal from life’s many griefs by telling their stories.
• I'll Give You the Gettin' — Walter Wangerin, Jr., Lutheran pastor and storyteller, shares the story of a couple facing cancer and how the wife dealt with her anger over her husband’s illness.
• Turning Hate Into Hope — The shooting of his brother by a white marshal, his own beating, and a bargain with God, led John Perkins to many years of work for social justice.
• Forgive, But Remember — Lawrence Hart, a Cheyenne peace chief, tells the story of the Washita Massacre in Oklahoma in 1868 and a time of reconciliation 100 years later.
• A Bigger Victim than Myself — Bud Welch describes his journey from rage and temporary insanity to forgiveness after his 23-year-old daughter died in the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.